Trout is one of my favorite fish to eat. Trout with Garlic Butter Herb Sauce is even better! This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make and is simply delicious. Here’s what you need:
- 1.5 lbs of brown or rainbow trout
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Italian herb seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 4 garlic cloves diced up
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (fresh juice is better)
- 2 tablespoons of stick butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons of parsley chopped up
- Now to cook the meal
- 1. Season your fresh fillets of trout with Italian herb seasoning and salt. Keep the skin on one side of the fish.
2. Place your fish in a skillet large enough for 2 fillets of trout. Heat on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until lightly brown for approximately 3-5 minutes. Make sure you don’t burn it!
3. Flip over and cook this side for 3-5 minutes and then remove from heat. Cover your fish with a skillet cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes until fish is brown and flaking apart.
4. Remove the fish from the skillet carefully removing the skin from the fillets. Scrape the skin from the bottom of the pan.
5. Now add the garlic and lemon juice win the pan with the oil left over. Cook on low to medium for 1 minute and then add your parsley and butter. Remove from the heat after 1 minute and stir until the butter melts and forms a creamy mixture.
6. Spread over the top of your trout and eat! Enjoy
As a Vermont Fishing Tour Guide Trout is one of the many types of fish that we fish for in the State of Vermont. Our motto is if you don’t catch any fish, we don’t get paid. Give us a call and book your fishing tour this season to catch some brown or rainbow trout! 802-296-1791
Request Your Trip
Save a spot for a great fishing trip today and catch huge fish!